Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information ZeroNines may collect and how we may use it:
What personal information we collect
- When you purchase or download a product or update, receive services from ZeroNines, or contact us for support or other purposes, we may collect a variety of information, including but not limited to your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
- When you activate a ZeroNines product, we may collect certain information about your device, the ZeroNines product, and your product serial number. Some of our products may include features that connect to our servers and offer you the ability to install updates to the product. We may keep track of information such as whether the update was successful or not.
- When you share the use of ZeroNines products and services, ZeroNines may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. ZeroNines will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
- To help keep our databases current and to provide you the most relevant content and experiences, we may combine information from you with information from public sources and our trusted partners, in accordance with applicable law.
- ZeroNines may offer “hosted services”, where you store data on our computers. In such cases access to and use of the data will be governed by the service agreement you have in place with us. ZeroNines will not use such data for any purpose other than servicing your account. In many situations such data may be encrypted, and may not be physically available to ZeroNines.
- In certain cases we may ask for a government issued ID for the purpose of extending commercial credit, managing your accounts, or as required by law.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on ZeroNines’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth and tax identification number, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, check your credit, and to determine appropriate services.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with ZeroNines, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve ZeroNines’s products, services, and customer communications.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where a ZeroNines product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use our products in order to help our developers improve and expand those products.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. ZeroNines may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the ZeroNines website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
ZeroNines works with companies that help us run our business. These companies provide services such as delivering customer support, processing credit card payments, and sending emails on our behalf. In some cases, these companies have access to some of your personal information in order to provide services to you on our behalf. They are not permitted to use your information for their own purposes.
ZeroNines may also share your personal information:
- When you agreed to the sharing.
- With our resellers and other sales partners if you are a business customer and agreed to receive ZeroNines marketing communications. Note that we do not share personal information about customers with third parties for their own marketing purposes unless the customer agreed to that sharing.
- When we are required to provide information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other applicable law or legal process (learn more).
- When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our websites or applications against attacks, or protect the property and safety of ZeroNines, our customers and users, or the public.
- If we merge with or are acquired by another company, we sell a ZeroNines website, application, or business unit or all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company. In those cases your information will likely be one of the assets that is transferred.
At times ZeroNines may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with ZeroNines to provide products and services, or that help ZeroNines market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by ZeroNines to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
ZeroNines shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever ZeroNines operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for ZeroNines to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
ZeroNines takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Your personal information and data files are stored on ZeroNines’ servers and the servers of companies we hire to provide services to us. Your personal information may be transferred across national borders. ZeroNines’ online services protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by ZeroNines, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. Your data may be stored in encrypted form, including when we utilize third party storage.
While we provide state-of-the-art administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information, no security controls are 100% effective and ZeroNines cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information.
When you use some ZeroNines products, services, or applications or post in a ZeroNines forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
For any personal information we hold, we will provide you with access for any purpose including a request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if ZeroNines is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using ZeroNines products and services. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from children under 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, without verifiable parental consent. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, without first receiving verifiable parental consent we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
In the future ZeroNines may provide location-based services in conjunction with our products. ZeroNines and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer or device. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your devices’ approximate location. Unless you provide consent, this location data will be collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and will be used by ZeroNines and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, your device may share its geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.
Third‑Party Sites and Services
ZeroNines websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
ZeroNines abides by the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Cross Border Privacy Rules System. The APEC CBPR system provides a framework for organizations to ensure protection of personal information transferred among participating APEC economies.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to ZeroNines employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.